Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Imagine using RAMCloud in a utility computing environment, where a single large RAMCloud cluster supports dozens or hundreds of independent applications within a datacenter.
- A very small application should get all the benefits of RAMCloud, such as very high performance, at low cost:
- If my application only needs 1/100th the memory and request bandwidth of a
single server, I should only pay 1/100th the cost of a server, even though my data and its backup copies may be spread across the entire cluster.
- How is storage managed among independent applications?
- Concentrate the data of each application on as few servers as possible?
- Stripe each application's data across many servers?
- What are the security implications of multi-tenancy?
- How to manage competing needs of different applications?
- To what degree can one application impact the performance of another?